Wednesday, March 24, 2021

On Gumamelas

 

Whenever we walk around the condo compound, my son likes to pick gumamelas. So when one of our neighbors started selling plants from Tagaytay and I saw a gumamela plant, I immediately ordered one. 

 When it arrived, I think it had two flowers. Then for the looongest time, it did not grow any buds. My husband wanted to get rid of it because he said it was just taking up space. Its branches were growing but no flowers. 

 Then one day, it just started sprouting flowers...






 

 

I was so happy whenever two to three blooms would appear at the same time.

Then for the past two months, it started being dormant again. 

Until last March 15, a bloom appeared...


And this is today's bloom...


 I noticed though that they immediately close and die at night. But I see at some houses their plants have blooms all the time. How??? #


No comments:

Post a Comment