Tuesday, August 17, 2021

State of the Balcony update

I recently did a mini-clean up of my plants in the balcony because hubby has been complaining that I have too much plants *sob*. While my ampalaya plant has been growing with lush leaves, it was not producing fruits anymore so I decided to uproot it. I might do the same to the okra plant which is barely living which means I no longer have vegetable plants. 

I've decided that I will just get flowering plants instead. I ordered a dwarf kalachuchi plant and a small sampaguita plant. The kalachuchi arrived with one flower and while it is still alive, it has not bloomed again. Yikes.


I was a tad worried if the sampaguita will survive because the balcony only gets maybe two hours of direct morning sun. It is still alive though and has bloomed several flowers that I pluck, smell, and place in our tiny altar.




Before the monsoon rains, my trailing plants had a blast growing and showing off. I've made cuttings and propagated them.



I also bought African turtle vine which are the ones hanging from the railing and I shall photo them up close some other time. I think they stopped growing when it was raining all the time. They like the sun too much.


Finally, here's a bonus shot of the sitting area with the solar lights I bought from Lazada. 😀


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment